Recently I was looking for some free audio tools I came across this great little website called VSTPlanet.com. VSTPlanet has very nice collections of freeware, and share ware programs and applications. There you can find anything from VST effects to multi track mixers, to VSTi insterments to audio editors.
If you work with any of the major and many minor multi-track audio applications or sequencers than I’m sure you have heard the term, VST. VST is a plug-in platform that was created by Steinberg and really pushed the digital audio world.
Wikipeda states “Steinberg's Virtual Studio Technology and its acronym VST refer to an interface standard for connecting audio synthesizer and effect plugins to audio editors and hard-disk recording systems and also giving the plugins a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for easy manipulation. VST and similar technologies allow the replacement of traditional recording studio hardware with software counterparts. Thousands of plugins exist, making VST the most widespread audio plugin architecture. The technology can be licensed from its creator, Steinberg.” From that definition you can see how useful VST’s can be.
I had initially found the site when looking for a alternative to Cubase and discovered Reason, which I tinkered around with over the long holiday weekend. I returned to look for an audio editor, and they have quite the collections of them as well.
If you ware looking for VST’s VSTplanet.com has all sorts of freebies and shareware plug-ins for your audio pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment