My folks always said there was no such thing as a free lunch. I think at the time I would have agreed with them. Now in this day and age where we rely so much on technology I would dispute that Idea. I had stated earlier that I was going to try and find a replacement for Cubase. I have spent a long weekend with reaper and trying out some other similar applications. In the end I’m going to get out the old debit card and purchase a copy of Cubase.
I really loved Reaper and may still use it but one thing that annoyed me that I did not experience with Cubase is clipping. For some reason when I used EZDrummer to insert in my Midi drums I’m getting a lot of clipping on some parts. I have attempted to turn down those tracks but I’m just no happy oh how it over all turned out.
I’ve also stated before that recording should be a creative process and not really a technical one. With as much time I have spend messing around with stuff over this long holiday weekend I could have had this song done by now. It could have been done even if I am as picky as I am about the little details.
Reaper is a fairly good product, and I plan on still using it form time to time it just will not be my main application of choice. Reaper gave you the option of choosing an audio editor and Midi editor for different file types. It does not have its own. I liked this idea, or at least the option. I could use Wave lab lite or Audacity to edit my wave files.
So there may still be a free lunch but it looks likes it’s on day old bread and served at 5 in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment